Saturday, August 9, 2008

New york Guide!!

The city of New York is the largest city in the United states since 1790. New York City comprises five boroughs: The Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island.

Visiting NY is just a hop, skip and a jump for someone living in Jersey City. I've visited NYC numerous times. But as always the closer you are to a popular place..the less you know about it.

I still remember the days when I used to spend hours going through the maps of a old school atlas (infact it was my sister's) when I was in my 5th grade.

I happened to see a section which had the maps of the greatest cities in the world like Tokyo, paris etc., New York was one of them. The map was so cluttered that it was difficult for me to see the places being mentioned... (I couldn't have imagined to understand these places at that age though LOL).

Now that I was here, I made it a point to visit some of the important places in and around NYC.
The first place to visit was the Brooklyn Bridge which is close to the World Trade Center.

I still remember the day when five of us had taken the PATH train from the Exchange place path station and got down at the world trade center. Walked a couple of blocks before reaching the Brooklyn bridge.

This was the same bridge where the great actor Sharukh Khan had sung the song...."Kal ho na ho...." I was still new to US and I had hardly bought a camera then. I missed taking pictures of those moments and I still regret!!

I then decided to buy myself a camera to tresure those moments..and that was when I bought my Sony Cyber shot digicam!!

During my initial days of having my own digicam, I used to shoot anything and everything that caught my eyes, from the pigeons and the sea gulls that walked on the footpaths of Jersey City to the skyline view of NYC.












As days went by, the shots grew very specific. The NYC skyline, the statue of Liberty, the remains of the World Trade Center, the Cube near the world trade center, the Bull on wall street....were some of the items that were captured with my Sony digicam!!


The frequency of my visit to NY helped me familiarise myself with the city to an extent that I was soon to be called a New york Guide!! to most of my friends.

No comments: